Tuesday 7 June 2011

The diary of a traveller, entry 16. Going to Novosibirsk

16 November

Back on the train again! 30 solid gold hours to Novosibirsk. Done very well with my wagon so far! Have met my two companions and we’ve had a good old chat in Russian. Bolot and Katia – husband and wife team. She is European Russian and he is native Kyrgyzstan. Very chatty. All I can say is that Russians are a real mixed bag. But I like these guys! Bolot’s on his way back home to visit his Mum in Kyrgyzstan who he hasn’t seen for 7 years. He’s gonna spend 30 days there and has filled all spare space in the wagon with gifts for her.

God I feel tired now from speaking Russian. I’ve exhausted the limits of my vocabulary I few times over. This train is too warm.


photos are taken from Richard's archive 



No comments:

Post a Comment